Remarketing is an online advertising technology that serves customized ads to people who have indicated an interest in your brand by visiting your website. These users will see your ads as they navigate to Facebook, Youtube, their favorite blog, news site, or sports page. With remarketing we can also target specific subsets of your site visitors. A common example is showing ads to users who have put something in their cart but not completed the checkout process. These users can later be shown ads for the specific products that they had shown an interest in on your site.
Some Remarketing Fun Facts...
1. Website visitors who are retargeted with display ads are 70 more likely to convert on your website.
2. The average click-through rate for regular display ads is 0.07 percent, while the average click-through for retargeted display ads is about 0.7 percent.
3. With retargeting the percentage of users who return and complete the check-out process increased to 26 percent.
4. Consumer’s reactions to online ads show that 30% are positive, 11% negative and 59% neutral.
5. Retargeting can increase conversion rates by as high as 147%
6. In a study that evaluated various strategies in terms of the average lift in search activity generated for an advertised brand, retargeting represented the highest lift in trademark search behavior at 1,046 percent.
6. Retargeting can boost ad response up to 400 percent.
7. CPG company Kimberly-Clark relies on retargeting, saying it is seeing 50 to 60 percent higher conversion rates among consumers who have been retargeted.
8. According to comScore study; Retargeted ads led to a 1046% increase in branded search and a 726% lift in site visitation after four weeks of retargeted ad exposure! A clear sign of heightened brand awareness and recall.