Online Reputation Management
All other things being equal, who would you choose: a restaurant with a 5 star rating or one with a 2 stars? When you look at it this way, it's easy to see why businesses with poor online reputations are likely loosing customers. An Online Reputation Management Strategy that includes tactics for soliciting, collecting and broadcasting your positive reviews is the key avoid being that 2 star business that gets passed up for its better-rated competitor.
Why Reputation Management?
For every bad experience someone has with your business they are likely to tell 10 people, but for every good experience they may only tell 1 other person. This natural tendency illustrates why developing a positive online reputation takes planning and forethought. What we need to offset this tendency is a way to increase and promote our positive reviews while preventing negative ones. Luckily, that's exactly why we created Review Advantage.
Review Advantage: More & Better Online Reviews
Review Advantage puts control back into your hands and makes Online Reputation Management a breeze. Here's how it works:
1. Simply enter a customer's name and email (or bulk upload a CSV list) and the system takes it from there.
2. The system reaches out to your customer/s via email and requests feedback on their recent experience with your business. You can customize the message that is sent and also the frequency of any follow up emails
3. The customer then clicks on a link and easily provides feedback.
4. If the feedback was positive the customer is intelligently routed to a page which includes links to the review sites that you've chosen so they can easily spread the word about their positive experience.
5. If the feedback was negative, the customer is taken to a different page where they are provided a way to voice their concerns and only you and/or your staff get notified privately.
You can learn more about our Review Advantage here.
How Does This Help My Online Visibility?
Besides portraying your business in a favorable light to prospective customers, having plenty of positive online reviews also affects SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in a big way. MOZ's Local Search Ranking Factors Survey found that online reviews now make up 10% of how Google and other search engines decide to rank search results. A strong, positive review profile on sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor or Google+ tells the search engines that your business is active and that people like it, making it much more likely that they'll "recommend" you by placing you on the top of the search results.
Knowing Your Local Score
The first step in building an Online Reputation Management Strategy is finding out what people are currently saying about your business. Our Local Score Tool scans your ratings on all the major review sites like Yelp.com as well as the accuracy of the information posted about your business in the most important directories. We analyze this information and distill it into an easy to understand Local Score graded from A through F.
Find out your business' Local Score using our FREE tool below: